Hello!

Welcome to my little Blog!
If you're reading this, you're either a friend whom I asked to read this or you're my mom :P

Monday 1 April 2013

Apartheid in a different shade...(Well not really)

Hello dear reader!
I'm so glad you stumbled onto this page.

Now this isn't a "hate" article, but just my take on the state of things. I personally think that people tend to discriminate on the basis of a person's branch. To preface this, I need to state that I'm in an engineering college - NSIT and my major is Biotechnology.

Now, I have personally felt that some people (Please focus on "Some") will immediately change their tone and style of talking once they find out that I'm pursuing one of the "lowly" fields of engineering (their opinion, not mine). Please don't mind guys, but I think you are on dope. I have received many-a lectures on how "the field has no future" or the more common "Oh! you couldn't crack the PMT??!?" by many "well-wishers".

But a lot of people I know, who are crazy enough to have no such problems hanging out with a BT wala. They'll look at the person underneath the tag and try to know them. To them, I tip my proverbial hat!

I'm speaking (read writing) from my own experience, but I'm sure this happens to others as well.

So my humble advice is, don't judge a book by its cover (or any other cliche you can think of) and give people a chance. And believe me, they will surprise you :)

Let the Cape in you shine, always :D

No comments:

Post a Comment