Hello!

Welcome to my little Blog!
If you're reading this, you're either a friend whom I asked to read this or you're my mom :P

Friday 5 April 2013

Our People.

Hello, dear reader!
Yet another wrong click has landed you here!
Nevertheless, read on.

Now this is not an entry talking about how amazing and awesome the Indian people are (Which they absolutely are), but it's about something a little smaller, and on a personal level, slightly more significant.

If you've ever stepped out into the world and interacted with people (Kudos to those who haven't), you know that the human population lives in groups.

When I was in school, they were broadly divided into the geeks, the sports-walas (or jocks, as many years of watching TV has told me), the 'different ones' and lest I forget the popular kids(pun definitely intended). Mixing with other groups was common, contrary to what the numerous TV shows I watched said, but yes there was some truth to it. However hard you tried (or didn't, in my case) you would invariably be close to people from your own clique.

I know it all sounds very dark and "chains-and-shackles"-y, but its not. The truth, in my humble opinion, is that we are all very happy in our own little worlds. No one (at least no one I know) has ever said "I wish I was friends with that guy/girl". And so, we live on in our own different versions of the same world, living and learning together with 'our People'.

Who exactly are 'our People'? We all have different definitions. I won't pretend to know the human mind, but I guess all of us have someone to rely on in our darkest hour.

College presented new opportunities for getting to know people. New people, new opportunities.
Many were instant clicks, many an acquired taste. But all in all, I found more of my people, and they added one to theirs.

It's a long road ahead, and I hope I can find more - whom I can call 'my People'.

Shine on!

No comments:

Post a Comment